Mississippi College faculty, staff and students may borrow many library materials. Materials that may not leave the library would consist of serials, rare or archival materials, and reserve materials. Mississippi College borrowers must present a valid MC Identification card. Members of the Mississippi Bar may obtain a Library Borrower’s Card from the Circulation Desk for a small fee. If you have any questions regarding the Circulation Department please contact Cymber Hubbard.
- Books: 14 days
- Audio Materials: 3 days
- Visual Materials: library use only
- Reserve Materials: 3 hours
STUDY ROOM RESERVATION POLICY
- Study rooms are available on a “first come, first serve” basis
- A room may only be reserved in three (3) hour increments.
- A patron may only check out one study room per day to ensure availability to all users.
Reserve materials include items for courses, past examinations, Bar Prep materials, and other high-use materials. These materials may be accessed at the Circulation Desk. Reserve items may be checked out for 3 hours and may not leave the library. Study Room keys may also be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
Ready Reference consists of major legal encyclopedias, form books, restatements, the Martindale-Hubbell set, and other high-use reference items. These items may not be checked out and may not leave the library but are available to all patrons.
A collection of CD’s and audio cassettes is maintained behind the Circulation Desk. Audio materials may be checked out for 3 days.
A collection of DVD’s and video cassettes is maintained behind the Circulation Desk. Visual materials may not leave the library but the library has a viewing station inside the library to view materials.
Mississippi College students and staff may check out regularly circulating material for 14 days. Faculty members have a 6-month loan. All attorney library card holders receive a 14 day loan.
The following types of materials do not circulate:
- Rare Books
- Items classified as serials
- Reference (including ALR, CFR, digests, federal and state codes, legal encyclopedias, Shepards)
- Current looseleaf services (several of which are maintained behind the Circulation Desk)
Microforms in any format are not allowed to leave the library but may be used in the library by any patron. The library has a microforms reader.
Borrowers are responsible for materials checked out in their names. It is the responsibility of each borrower to inform Mississippi College Law Library of a change in mailing address, telephone number, or email address. Borrowers should inform the Law Library if their ID cards or library cards are lost or stolen.
Overdue notices are distributed only as a courtesy reminder. Regardless of whether a notice is received, patrons are responsible for returning materials by the due date to ensure that overdue fines are avoided. Borrowers may sign up at the Circulation Desk to receive email delivery of their circulation notices.
- Reserve materials – $.50 for first hour overdue, $1.00 per hour every hour thereafter
- Audiovisual materials – $1.00 per day
- Home use loans – $.25 per day
- All loans are subject to recall. In addition to overdue fines, borrowers are charged replacement and processing costs for unreturned and lost items. Charges for damaged books will be assessed on an individual basis.
Materials may be renewed either in person at the Law Library Circulation Desk or by telephone at (601) 925-7120.
Items that have been recalled or placed on hold may not be renewed.
All renewal of interlibrary loan materials must be made with Cymber Hubbard.