Research, Instructional Services & Circulation Librarian
Director: Judicial Data Project and Legislative History Project
- B.S., East Carolina University
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law
- M.L.I.S., University of Southern Mississippi, In Progress
- Poster Presentation, Using Research Plans as a Method of Evaluating Student Peformance in Legal Research, American Association of Law Libraries 106th Annual Meeting and Convention, Summer 2013
- A Bibliometric Study of LIS Literature Related to Academic Law Librarianship, 5th International Conference on Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries, Summer 2013
- Poster Presentation, Bringing Mississippi's Leaders into the Homes of its Citizens, American Association of Law Libraries 105th Annual Meeting & Convention, Summer 2012.
- The Judicial Database and How It Can Assist Your Litigation Preparation, before the 2nd Annual: ALL RISE! What Judges Want You to Know CLE, Rankin County Bar Association, Summer 2012.
- Online Legal Research Materials, 1 hour of instruction before the Mississippi Judicial College and Mississippi Justice Court Judges Association, Fall 2011.
- Free Online Legal Resources, 30 minutes of Appellate Courts CLE 2011 presentation before the Mississippi Supreme Court and Mississippi Court of Appeals clerks and staff attorneys.
- Panelist, Dear President Obama, Deliver the Birth Certicicate...But Only If, LatCrit XV Conference, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Colorado, October 2010.
Publications, Papers, and Works in Progress:
- Mississippi Rules Annotated, Appellate Rules Chapter Update, 2011-2012 (Spring 2013)
- Fulfilling the Need for Legislative History: The Legislative History Project, 59:3 The Mississippi Lawyer (Spring 2013)
- Bringing Mississippi’s Government into the Homes of its Citizens: The Mississippi College Law Library’s Legislative History Project, 76:1 Mississippi Libraries (Spring 2013),
- Book Review, Bloomberg Visual Guide to Municipal Bonds, published by AALL Spectrum Book Reviews (June 2012).
- Book Review, Trademark Surveys: A Litigator's Guide, published by AALL Spectrum Book Reviews (January 2012).
- Judicial Data for Mississippi's Appellate Cases: One Mississippi Library's Experience in Opening up the State Judiciary to Greater Access by the Library Patron, 59:3 The Southeastern Librarian 10 (Fall 2011).
- Judicial Data for Mississippi's Appellate Cases: At the Fingertips of the Practitioner and the Public, 36:2 Southeastern Law Librarian 3 (Spring 2011).
- The Birthers' Attacks and the Judiciary's Article III "Defense" of the Obama Presidency, 38 Southern University Law Review 179 (Spring 2011).
Memberships and Admissions:
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Southeastern Association of Law Libraries
- Mississippi Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- State Courts of Mississippi