Wednesday, August 5, 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, August 6, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You can pick up tickets, certificates, and clean out your mailbox during this time.
If you have earned Latin honors, your stole will be with your regalia.
9:00 a.m. Line up for Class Photograph on front steps of First Baptist Church
9:10 a.m. Class photo taken
9:30 a.m. Line up in alphabetical order for procession into church
10:00 a.m. Ceremony – First Baptist Church - Jackson
1. BE ON TIME!!!!! 9:00 a.m. We will gather on the front steps of the church (choir loft if it’s raining).
2. Make certain your account is cleared or you WILL NOT be allowed to walk!
3. Have you completed your Career Services Exit Interview on-line at https://law-mc-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?ss=grad_survey&s=profile. If you have specific questions about the survey, please direct those to Jhasmine Andrews.
4. If you want a press release sent to your hometown paper, please fill out the online form locate at: http://law.mc.edu/students/records/forms/press-release-request-form/. If you have specific questions, please direct those to Bethany Cole.
5. Men: Please wear a shirt and tie. It is strongly suggested leaving your jacket, if you wear one, with a family member. Depending on the weather, you will be sweating bullets if you wear one under your robe.
6. The group photograph will be taken on the steps of First Baptist Church (President Street side) promptly at 9:10 (If it is raining, the picture will be taken inside in the choir loft). It takes a while to get everyone lined up properly so BE ON TIME!!!!!! 9:00 a.m.
7. Photographs: The school’s contracted photographer, Greg Campbell, will be taking photographs during the ceremony. These pictures will be posted online and you will be able to order copies from their site. I will send you the login information after graduation via e-mail
8. REMEMBER, this law school commencement is a solemn and formal occasion marking the completion of your legal studies. We ask for your help in ensuring the dignity of the ceremony and the church sanctuary.
9. Children are welcomed at the ceremony. HOWEVER, we do not provide a nursery. If children are brought to the ceremony and they cause a disruption, a marshal will ask that they leave the sanctuary.
10. Please ask your guest to hold their applause until ALL names have been called.
11. Please make sure your cell phones and other devices are on SILENT!
12. Please ask your guests to put their cell phone and other devices on SILENT!
13. Please do NOT bring purses to graduation. There is no place to keep them. If you do bring one please have a family member keep up with it for you.
14. NO balloons are allowed inside the Church. They can be a distraction and with the high ceilings, it can be troublesome to have to try and get them down if they float away.
15. NO FOOD IS ALLOWED IN THE SANCTUARY!!!!
16. On the day of, make certain that you have your cap and gown!
All attendees will be required to wear masks.
Temperature checks will be conducted upon entry to the building.
Attendance tickets (distributed during regalia pick-up) will be required for admission.
1. Immediately after the class picture (at 9:10 a.m.) we will begin lining up for the processional. Please note that all family and friends photos need to be taken prior to the class photo. Members of the school administration have been assigned to help in this process. We have divided the class up to expedite matters. Please look for the staff member holding a sign displaying the first letter of your last name.
If the weather is dry and comfortable temperature-wise, we will line up down the sidewalk. If rainy or too hot, we will line up in a hallway outside of the sanctuary on the right. When it is time to march, we will go outside and up the front steps and then down the aisle of the sanctuary. FOLLOW THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU!
Remain standing throughout the processional.
2. Listen to the marshals and watch the first 5 students; they have rehearsed!!!!
3. During the prayer, men will remove their hats; ladies will continue to wear theirs.
4. When it is time for you to receive your degree only the FIRST ROW WILL STAND AND MOVE FORWARD! Subsequent rows will stand and proceed at the direction of the marshals.
5. Stop at Stacy King’s table for your name card. Give your card to Dean McIntosh who will then call out the name listed on the card.
6. Once your name is announced, you will receive your diploma from President Thompson then cross the stage to be hooded by Dean Bennett and Dr. Keith Elder. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR HAT TO BE HOODED! There should be taped “Xs” on the floor where you are to stop at each point.
7. When you have been hooded, turn and face the photographer to be photographed then walk back to your row and sit down.
8. After the Benediction, the RECESSIONAL will follow. The stage party and faculty will exit first. Please follow the marshals. Please keep the line moving so that fellow graduates will be able to exit the church sanctuary. This means you will have to go out in to the hallway.
9. Wear your cap and gown out the door to the designated drop-off area. There will be boxes located in the hallway and will be sorted alphabetically by last name. Look for the signs pointing you to the appropriate box. DO NOT DROP YOUR REGALIA ANYWHERE ELSE!! Ask a staff member for assistance if needed.
OTHER IMPORTANT IMFORMATION
1. DO CLEAN OUT YOUR MAILBOX!!
a. Boxes should be cleared out by the last day of regalia pick up.
2. Graduation Regalia Policy
a. See tab regarding policy.