Mississippi College School of Law is centrally located in downtown Jackson, Mississippi, allowing access to the Mississippi Supreme Court, federal courts, local and state government offices, and many of the state's largest law firms. Additionally, Jackson is only a three hour drive from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, Louisiana.
An additional advantage of Mississippi College School of Law and its proximity to Louisiana is the School's common and statutory law foundation. MC Law offers a civil law certificate program which includes five courses taught by experienced Louisiana attorneys. LL.M. students opting to take these civil law courses will be afforded an even greater comparative and comprehensive view of the American legal system.
Furthermore, the state of Mississippi has an impressive, and ever-expanding, representation of international industry. Some examples include:
- Nissan - One of three U.S. production plants is located in Canton, Mississippi, just 20 minutes north of Jackson and the Mississippi College School of Law;
- Toyota - A Toyota production plant is currently under construction in Blue Springs, Mississippi and scheduled to open in the fall of 2011;
- Anshan Iron & Steel - part of China's fourth largest steelmaker has invested in an Amory, Mississippi mill;
- Siemens - This leading supplier of manufacturing, transportation, building and lighting systems has located a distribution center in Southaven, Mississippi;
- Fiskars Brands - This Finland-based company has recently opened a distribution center in Southaved, Mississippi;