Master of Laws (LL.M. Program)
The MC Law Master of Laws (LL.M.) program is designed specifically for individuals who hold law degrees from educational institutions in countries other than the United States. The program equips attorneys trained overseas for the challenges of global practice. Successful completion of the LL.M. program will allow students to sit for the bar in some states.
The LL.M. program prepares attorneys to handle global legal issues, including:
- Business transactions
- Finance and Banking
- Custom and Trade
- Copyright, Patent and Trademark
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Human rights
- Other global social, economic, and environmental law issues
The LL.M. program also helps attorneys educated in countries other than the United States to:
- Gain practical and theoretical knowledge of the American legal system
- Study and practice legal research and analysis of American law
- Learn how to represent foreign clients before U.S. Courts and in transactions with U.S. clients
- Obtain a better understanding of how to represent U.S. clients in their respective countries
- Build an international network of legal professionals, colleagues and friends
- Refine their English language skills and understanding of American culture
Classes in the LL.M. program are fully integrated with the J.D. program, offering you the opportunity to choose from many different classes and to direct your study toward your areas of interest or expertise. The MC Law LL.M. program is limited to 10 students, ensuring you receive the guidance, advice, and individual attention needed to succeed.
At MC Law, you'll discover a welcoming, hospitable environment. The law school's location in the capital city of Mississippi creates opportunities for networking with local and regional legal professionals and governmental organizations, while affordable housing adjacent to the campus means you won't need a vehicle to attend MC Law.
If you are interested in establishing a global legal career, MC Law is ready to help you succeed.