Public Service Law Center
The Public Service Center Law Center exposes students to a wide range of public service opportunities that not only enhance their legal education experience, but also promote a commitment to helping underserved people and communities.
MC Law understands that “success” is measured in more than dollars and cents. One of the center’s goals is to inspire more students to explore careers or volunteer opportunities in public interest law. Whether it’s representing the elderly in filing Social Security claims or finding legal remedies to environmental disasters in the making, public interest law is about attorneys making a positive difference.
The Public Service Law Center’s activities include:
- Coordinating the MC Law externship program, which matches law school students with government entities and non-profit organizations
- Overseeing the MC Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP), which provides financial assistance to MC Law graduates who pursue fulltime careers in public interest law
- A Public Interest Law Speakers Series showcasing renowned attorneys and scholars with public interest expertise
- Coordinating law student public service opportunities, including regular Habitat for Humanity builds
- Coordinating activities and events with the student-run Public Interest Law Group
Director, Legal Extern Program
Assistant Director, Public Service Center
President, Public Interest Law Group