Financial Aid Process
1. The student completes the FAFSA online and submits it to the federal processor at fafsa.ed.gov.
2. The student receives a Student Aid Report (SAR) and all schools listed on the FAFSA receive an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) from the federal processor.
3. MC Law uses the ISIR to award the student's financial aid (subsidized, unsubsidized, and GradPlus).
4. The MC Law Financial Aid Office sends an e-mail informing the student that his/her award letter is ready to view and accept on the law school’s website.
5. The student completes the financial aid acceptance process on the law school’s website.
6. The Financial Aid Office electronically certifies the loan(s) for the amount listed.
7. The Financial Aid Office receives disbursement electronically from lender and disburses it to student's account at the beginning of each semester. Any money owed to MC Law is deducted first and the student receives the remainder in a refund.
GRADPLUS Loans/Private Loans
1. The student submits an electronic loan application on the lender's website
2. The lender requests certification from the Financial Aid Office.
3. The Financial Aid Office returns certification.
4. The lender processes the loan
5. The Financial Aid Office receives funds from the lender and disburses funds to the student’s account. Any money owed to MC Law is deducted first and the student receives the remainder in a refund.