Clinton W. Shinn
- LL.M., Harvard University, 1973
- J.D., Tulane University, 1972
- B.S., cum laude, McNeese State University, 1969
- Tulane Law, Assistant Professor, 1973-75
- Appalachian School of Law, Associate Professor, 1999-2002
- Mississippi College School of Law, Associate Professor, 2002-2006
- Appalachian School of Law, 2006-2012
- L. Anthony Sutin Professor of Law,
- Dean and Chief Operating Officer
- Stone, Pigman (New Orleans), 1975-1997 (partner)
- Gill & Shinn, LLC (Covington, La.) , 1997-1999 (partner)
- Successions, in Louisiana Practice: Civil Practice Forms (Thomson West 2005) (chapter author).
- Secured Transactions, 7A Mississippi Practice Series: Encyclopedia of Mississippi Law (Thomson West, J.Jackson & M.Miller eds., 2003) (author of 385 page volume).
- “Lessening Stress of the 1L Year: Implementing an Alternative to Traditional Grading,” 41 U. Tol. L. Rev. 355 (2010).
- “Of Coase, The Takings Clause, and the Inexorably Shrinking Marsh: A Review with Lagniappe,” 29 So. L. Rev. 271 (2002).
- “In Memoriam, Thomas F. Blackwell,” 8 J. of Legal Writing Inst. 4 (2002).
- “The Aleatory Contract in the Louisiana Civil Code: A Distinction Without a Difference,” 33 Loyola (N.O.) L. Rev. 295 (1987).
- “The Federal Grant Program to Aid Construction of Municipal Sewage Treatment Plants: A Survey of the 1972 FWPCA Amendments,” 48 Tul. L. Rev. 85 (1973).
- “Louisiana Mineral Law, Quasi Contract – Interruption of Prescription Liberandi Causa,” 45 Tul. L. Rev. 181 (1970).
- Louisiana State Bar Association (active member since 1972)
- Formerly elected to House of Delegates, and served as an Assistant Bar Examiner
- Virginia State Bar Association (associate member, 1999-2002, 2006-2012)
- Board of Governors, Section on Legal Education
- Board of Governors, Diversity Council
- American Bar Association (member since 1975)
- Louisiana Bar Foundation (Charter member)
- American Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (Fellow)
- NASD Arbitration Panel (public arbitrator)
- Town of Grundy, VA, Industrial Development Authority
- Board of Directors (July 13, 2009-June 5, 2012)
Honors & Awards:
- Order of the Coif
- Tulane Law Review
- Editor in Chief, 1971-72; Assistant Articles Editor, 1970-71
- Faculty Advisor, 1974-75
- Outstanding Professor of the Year, Mississippi College School of Law, 2005-06
- 1L Professor of the Year, Appalachian School of Law, 1999-2000 and 2000-2001
- Louisiana (active member since 1972)
- Virginia (associate member, 1999-2002, 2006-2012)