Areas of Expertise:
- Advanced Torts
- Civil Law Obligations
- Civil Law Successions & Donations
- Civil Law Property
- Products Liability
- Comparative Law
Phillip L. McIntosh
Associate Dean & Professor of Law
- Louisiana State University, B.S., Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Kappa Phi
- Louisiana State University, J.D., Order of the Coif, Louisiana Law Review
- New York University, LL.M.
- Judge Cecil C. Cutrer, Louisiana Court of Appeal, Third Circuit, Lake Charles, Louisiana, 1979-80
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Professor of Law, 1996-present
- Associate Professor of Law, 1991-1996
- Associate (1981-1985), and partner (1986-1991), Snellings, Breard, Sartor, Inabnett & Trascher, Monroe, Louisiana
- When the Surgeon Has HIV — What to Tell Patients About the Risk of Exposure and the Risk of Transmission, 42 Kan. L. Rev. 315 (1996); Tort Reform in Mississippi: An Appraisal of the New Law of Products Liability, Part I, 16 Miss. C. L. Rev. 393 (1996); Tort Reform in Mississippi: An Appraisal of the New Law of Products Liability, Part II, 17 Miss. C. L. Rev.277 (1997).
- Comparative Fault, 2 Encyclopedia of Mississippi Law 419 (Jeffrey Jackson, et al.,eds., 2001); Intentional Torts, 5 Encyclopedia of Mississippi Law 297 (Jeffrey Jackson, et al.,eds., 2001).
Lectures, Panels & Discussions:
- Panelist, Southeastern Association of Law Schools, July 2011. Topic: Recruiting, Training, and Managing Adjunct Professors
- Panelist, Mississippi College Law Review Symposium on Tort Reform in Mississippi, November 2002.
- Panelist, The State We're In (Public Affairs Program on Mississippi Public Television) Judicial Selection, November 2001.
- Panelist, Mississippi College Law Review Symposium on Judicial Selection, November 2001.
- Speaker, Joint Meeting, Mississippi and Louisiana Judicial Colleges New Orleans, Louisiana, August, 1998. Topic: Mississippi Products Liability Act of 1993.
Memberships & Admissions:
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Capitol Area Bar Association
- Board of Advisors, Federalist Society of Mississippi, 1995-2002
- Board of Directors, Ballet Mississippi, 1995-2000
- Board of Directors, Monroe Symphony Orchestra, Inc., 1987-91
- Member, Ouachita Parish Steering Committee for Buddy Roemer for Governor, 1987
- Delegate, Louisiana State Republican Convention, 1989
- Choir member, Ridgecrest Baptist Church, Madison, Mississippi
- Bible Study Teacher, Ridgecrest Baptist Church, Madison, Mississippi