Areas of Expertise:
- Federal Income Taxation
- Corporate and Partnership Taxation
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- Estate Planning
- Pension and Employee Benefits
J. Larry Lee
Professor of Law
- LL.M. (Taxation), New York University, 1972
- J.D., University of Mississippi, 1967
- B.S., Mississippi College, 1965
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Interim Dean, 2001-2003
- Professor of Law, 1981-present
- Associate Professor of Law, 1979-1981
- Adjunct Professor of Law, 1976-1979
- Dossett Magruder & Montgomery
- Partner, 1977-1979
- Associate, 1971-1976
- Attorney (Estate Tax)
- Internal Revenue Service, 1976-1970
- The Future Of Limited Liability Companies For Business and Estate Planning Purposes in Mississippi, 18 Miss.C.L. Rev. 91 (1997).
- Federal Income Taxation of Individuals, 9 Miss.C.L. Rev. 395 (1989).
- Federal Income Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders, 8 Miss C.L. Rev. 311 (1988).
- Disclaimers In Mississippi By Personal Representative, 2 Miss.C.L. Rev. 195 (1983).
- Untitled, Mississippi Family Limited Partnership Taxation Concerns
Honors & Awards:
- 1988 Outstanding Professor of the Year
- 2001 Outstanding Professor of the Year
- Site Evaluator for the American Bar Association Section of Legal Education for a proposed LL.M Program in Taxation at Loyola University-Chicago School of Law, 2000.
- American Bar Association Teaching Taxation Committee
- Tax Section of Mississippi State Bar and American Bar Associastion
- Mississippi State Bar Legislative Committee - Uniform Probate Code
- Mississipi State Bar Taxation Legislative Study Committee
- Mississippi State Bar
- Hinds County Bar