Only active student members may be officers.
Officers will take the Oath of Office before entering into their prospective office.
A Commander (CO) will be elected and, who shall be the executive head of the Society and shall supervise and direct the work of the other officers of the Society. He shall preside at the meetings of the Society, and govern the same in accordance with the usual bylaws. He shall also appoint the necessary officers as needed in case of inability to perform duties set forth below during the elected officer’s term. He shall be the tie breaker on every vote. He will have veto power over bills voted on by the Society of which ¾ vote of the Society shall overturn his veto. He will have the power to increase or decrease an officer’s job responsibilities as he sees fit. The CO will attend all LSBA executive meetings and act as a representative of the Military Justice Society.
An Executive Officer (XO) will be elected or appointed, who, in the event of incapacitation or resignations of the Commander, shall succeed to the office of Commander and in the event of temporary disability of the Commander shall perform his duties temporarily. The Executive Officer shall be responsible for the budget of the Society and be responsible for all its property. The Executive Officer shall attended all LSBA meetings and act as a representative of the Military Justice Society. The Executive Officer shall supervise other lesser officers such as the Adjutant (Secretary, S1), Logistics Officer and (S4), Information Technology Officer (S6).
An Operations Officer will be elected or appointed and, who shall be responsible for the day to day operations of the Society and development of the Society’s calendar of events. The Operations Officer will be third inline for Command in case of the CO and XO’s incapacitation or resignation. He shall succeed to the office of Commander and in the event of temporary disability of the CO and XO shall perform the CO’s duties temporarily.
An Adjutant may be elected or appointed and, who shall keep a written account of the proceedings of the Society and attend to its correspondence as well as keep a record-file containing the personal history and address of each current and former member of the Society. He shall be responsible for room booking for meetings and other events. He shall be responsible for the posting of the Society’s calendar of events. He shall collect and maintain a record of the initiation fees paid. The Adjutant shall succeed to the office of XO in case of XO’s incapacitation or resignation.
A Logistics Officer will be elected and, who shall be responsible for the acquisition of supplies, food, as well as keeping a running inventory of the Society’s property. He will be responsible for the custody and security of the Society’s property and coordinate for the use of school funds.
An Information Technology (IT) Officer will be elected and, who shall be responsible for the construction and upkeep of a Society web page. The IT Officer will be responsible for distributing emails and announcements from the CO, XO and Adjutant.
Elections will be held in the beginning of each year. Only current members may run for office.
- Shall consist of the Commander, Executive Officer (XO), Operations Officer, Adjutant, Logistics Officer, and Information Technology (IT) Officer.
- The Group shall act as the planning committee for the body and shall present plans of programs, activities, and events to the general body for approval.
- The Command Group shall have the power to:
- Formulate policies, manage the affairs of the Society, and promulgate for approval by the general body necessary bylaws;
- Execute all approved plans, events, policies, and programs;
- Conduct the general business of the Society regarding all approved policies, events, and programs;
- In the event of an emergency take necessary action to prevent waste, loss, or destruction of Society property, approved plans, proposals, and events; and,
- After due notice and publication of the scheduled date and agenda for a meeting, should be members present not represent a quorum, the Group shall conduct the planned and announced agenda for the meeting.
- The Command Group shall meet during the first week of each semester to review and evaluate the progress of goals and objectives.
- The current Command Group shall invite the incoming Command Group to the meetings after the elections to witness the flow of a Board meeting.