Posting a Job Listing
Thank you for your interest in hiring Mississippi College School of Law students and graduates. You may list an available law clerk, attorney position or alternate positions of interest to law students and graduates free of charge with our Career Services Office. Your listing will be posted online with our Career Services Manager (CSM) system hosted by Symplicity Corporation. All MC Law students and graduates, as well as graduates from other law schools with reciprocity, will have access to your posting.
To submit your first job posting through Symplicity:
1) After opening the CSM web site, click the registration tab and fill out organization contact information.
2) Shortly you will receive a CSM Welcome message with a system password.
3) After logging in with your password, choose the "Create a Non-OCI Posting" and provide the specifics of the position. Employers may chose to have applicants submit requested materials by any method, including accumulating all applications on-line for viewing at the later convenience of the organization.
4) The MC Law job bank manager will receive an email with your posting request. Once the posting is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
Employers who have participated in OCI or have previously used the MC Law Symplicity Site:
1) If your organization has previously posted a position or has participated in our on-campus interviewing program, you have an existing profile on our system. If you do not have record of a password, contact Debbie Riddick for assistance.
2) Once you have your password, log in and submit details of the position.
Alternative Methods of Posting a Position:
Download the Job Bulletin Listing Form and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 601-925-7185. Once the completed Job Bulletin Form is received by the Career Services Office, we will register you as an employer on the CSM system and post the job.
Unless indicated otherwise, job postings will be maintained for twelve weeks for attorney listings and four weeks for law clerk listings. Should you close the position prior to that time, wish to extend the position beyond the allotted time, or want to make any changes in the listing, please contact Debbie Riddick at 601-925-7106.
Mississippi College School of Law Anti-Discrimination Statement
Mississippi College School of Law is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all its students and alumni, and is committed to a policy against discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability. The facilities and/or services of the Career Services Office may be denied to employers whose behavior contravenes the Office’s policy based on the above-listed factors.
This office requires all employers who use its placement services to affirm the following statement to confirm compliance with the nondiscrimination policy detailed above: "Employer gives assurance that it is an equal-opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.”
We realize that the military has age and physical requirements that may limit those who are eligible for employment with the military services and that those portions of our non-discrimination policy are not applicable to the military services.
Employers who do not wish to interview on campus via our Fall or Spring On-Campus Interview Programs may participate in the Resume Collection/Resume Drop Program. This allows employers an opportunity to solicit applications/resumes from law students. If you would like to review resumes from our students, you may contact Debbie Riddick at 601-925-7106 to arrange for a resume collection. Resume collection is most efficiently conducted through our Career Services Manager web site (see registration/posting instructions), resumes can be collected by hand by filling out the form attached and faxing to Mrs. Riddick at 601-925-7185.