Law students are eligible to receive a maximum of $20,500 per year in Federal Direct student loans.
- Student must complete and submit the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov. A copy of the FAFSA financial aid report should be released to Mississippi College School of Law, Code E00479.
- The student receives a Student Aid Report (SAR) and MC LAW will receive an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) from the processor.
- ISIR is used to award the student’s financial aid (subsidized, unsubsidized, and GradPlus).
- The MC Law Financial Aid Office sends an e-mail informing the student that his/her award letter is ready to view and accept on our website.
- The student completes the financial aid acceptance process on the law school’s website.
- The Financial Aid Office electronically certifies the loan(s) for the amount listed.
- The Financial Aid Office receives disbursement electronically from lender. Any money owed to MC Law is deducted and the student receives remainder in a refund.
Gradplus Loans/Private Loans
- The student submits an electronic loan application on the lender’s website
- The lender requests certification from Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office receives funds from the lender and disburses funds to student’s account. Any money owed is deducted and the student receives the remainder.