China and South Korea
Chengdu, Xi’an, and Beijing, China; Seoul, South Korea
Summer 2018 (May 15– June 8, 2018)
In China, students will spend 3 days in Chengdu, 2 days in Xi’an, and 8 days in Beijing participating in class and extensive touring. The group will then fly to Seoul, South Korea for 11 days on the campus of Sookmyung Women’s University. The touring includes:
- ChengDu University of Technology (CDUT) Law School, including joint instruction and a joint practical exercise with CDUT law students.
- CDUT Dinosaur & Archeology Museum, including the largest dinosaur ever found in Asia.
- Wolong National Panda Reserve
- The Leshan Buddha in Leshan, China
- Jin Li Street
- The Terra Cotta Warriors Museum in Xian
- Shanxi History Museum
- Xian City Wall Bicycle Tour
- Jingshan Park
- Beijing Drum Tower
- Beijing Capital School of Economics, including joint instruction and a joint practical exercise with Capital law students
- Tiananmen Square
- The Forbidden City
- The Lama Temple
- Chinese Acrobat Show
- The Summer Palace
- The Old Summer Palace
- The Temple of Heaven
- A Tai-Chi Lesson
- The Great Wall Mutianyu Section with ski lift up and luge down.
- Beijing Olympic Park
- The Korean War Museum
- 8th Army Staff Judge Advocate’s Visit
- The DMZ
- The US Embassy in Seoul
- Itaewon, Seoul (optional)
- Korean baseball game (optional)
Who Can Participate
The program is open to full-time or part-time J.D. and LL.M. students, including international students, enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school. Participating J.D. students must have attended law school for at least one year and currently be in good standing.
In 2017, fifteen JD & LLM students from MC Law participated in the program. In 2016 there were 8 MC students and in 2015 there were 11.